I recently discovered this recipe on Caz & Craigs’s blog, you should totally check them out if you love food like me *grinning*
- 1 cup pitted medjool nuts (also known as dates, pitted refers to the ones with their seeds removed)
- 1 cup nuts (any mixture. She used almonds, pecans, hazelnuts and macadamias – i used cashew nuts)
- ⅓ cup raw cacao – i use cocoa powder also used in baking.
- ⅓ cup coconut oil – we all know this, i made a video my first time making this, click here to watch.
- ½ cup shredded coconut – i simply got one coconut and shredded it
- 1 table spoon chia seeds – i found this……
- Soak dates in warm water for 15 mins to soften
- Add nuts, cacao, coconut oil, coconut, and chia to processor and mix
- Add dates and process – i used my normal home blender, strong one though
- If mixture is too dry add either a tblsp of water or a little coconut oil
- Let mixture set for 10 mins
- Roll into bite size balls.
- Try adding goji berries or spirulina.
Point to note if using a regular blender. Blend your pitted dates first to avoid what happened to me on my first trial. or Blend dates and mixture separately then mix together in a bowl.