About a year ago, I lost a Best friend. While growing up during my high school days, I had 2 best friends, one male and one female. My BFFF passed away last year but she lives on in my heart. I will tell you about her someday. A week after she passed, her facebook account was deleted, the pain was too much to bear, still is. I told my BFFM he should have access to all my accounts should in case I’m dead too. He said I’m crazy and I won’t die. I should laugh but its not funny to loose a loved one.
Fast forward to about a month ago, I was surfing through facebook settings and I came across something called ‘trusted contacts’ should in case one gets locked out of his/her account.
Here is how to set that up:
1. Go to click on your facebook account settings.
2. Click on security..
3. Click on trusted contacts..
4. It will prompt you to enter your password, do that and click on continue..
5. Click on select trusted contacts..
6. Select your trusted contacts from your friend list, or type in their names to bring them out and click on done..
Next one can set up his/her legacy contact before one dies (WordPress had better have this too)
Setting up Legacy Contact
1. On the same page, click on legacy contact..
2. Type in the name of the person you want to use, click on them and viola..all done, it takes you back to the page you started adding on. Be sure to read and browse the FAQ section to learn more.
Once you choose one person, you get this message which you have the option of sending or not. Better still, inform the person yourself.
Read up from the help centre…👇👇
You also have the option of choosing this..👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇.
All set up and good to go. 😁..
We never know when we would kick the bucket. By the way, anyone has a good recommendation for a great smartphone screen recording app + audio + video perhaps?😁 Adios for now. 😄💕.
P.S – what’s your opinion about these facebook initiatives?? Do share please. I can imagine some people don’t want to talk about this, either they are scared or they think its negative to prepare the way for when death comes.
P.P.S – (in Veras voice) we are all going to kick the bucket, the question is thus: is your social media content valuable enough for you to want it kept? Or is your timeline filled with junk that doesn’t inspire or motivate anyone?